Our client AGL are seeking a Business Communications Lead resource. This is a contract role and will be based in Melbourne CBD. The incumbent will display behaviors that reflect and actively demonstrates alignment to the AGL Values of: Care in every action; Integrity always; Better together and Deliver your best.
Key purpose of this role:
- This role is responsible for supporting and developing effective and targeted communication strategies, activities and deliverables for two major Technology initiatives.
- The role will support the change and communication agendas across both programs. One of the program is focused on replacing ageing systems, automating manual processes, improving transparency and compliance and harnessing the value of data.
- Second program requires existing systems and applications to a move to 5-minute metering and settlement.
- This role will be within the people change management team and work closely with existing change managers who work across both programs.
Key accountabilities of this role
- Identify and analyse business and audience needs across both programs to deliver relevant and timely messages via the most appropriate mix of media and channels.
- Plan, develop and deliver compelling program communication collateral/content for internal communications including Intranet, e-mail announcements, newsletters, webcasts/podcasts, meetings, videos, presentations etc.
- Support Program Managers and Project Managers as required to support program level communications such as regular stakeholder working groups, manager briefing notes, town halls, program meetings and monthly program updates.
- Support change management team members to deliver strategies and develop communications plans for specific project releases to ensure successful change readiness, implementation and adoption of Program deliverables.
- Support, coach, develop and mentor others through the communication process, developing training and templates to help leaders manage communications and facilitate dialogue with business partners and employees.
- Facilitate two-way communications and feedback sharing between executives and employees; establish and manages employee feedback and listening systems for both programs.
- Ensure internal communications are consistent with AGL standards and guidelines.
- Share knowledge and collaborate with broader AGL colleagues and communication teams as required.
- Develop measurement criteria and processes that effectively evaluate internal communications across both programs.
You will have:
- Demonstrated experience in developing and delivering communications strategies, activities and deliverables in large technology programs in a corporate context and for a range of audiences.
- Proven experience working within large IT Technical programs and understanding of technical IT concepts and convert these into simple explanations and interesting messages.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and an ability adapt communication styles across various audience types and geographies.
- Demonstrable expertise in dealing with business partners and senior stakeholders at a strategic level, influencing, coaching and counseling them, and influencing leadership thinking in strategic communications.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, for example: able to collect, analyze and interpret qualitative and quantitative data and information to develop thorough understanding of stakeholder motivations and preferences and opinions.
- Can uses in-depth knowledge of key audience values to achieve communication goals beyond mere understanding or agreement, such as engagement and active support.
- Outcome focused and able to work to deadlines.
- Resilient with the ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment is also desirable.
To submit your CV please click APPLY NOW and follow the prompts.
IT & Digital
IT & Digital
- AU$50 - AU$60 per hour
IT & Digital