As one of Australia's largest providers of human resources solutions, Chandler Macleod has a proven track record of unleashing potential in people and companies. For over 40 years Chandler Macleod's recruitment business has connected leading-edge projects and employers with outstanding business professionals.
We are working with our client who is looking for a Bookkeeper for their Practice in Coffs Harbour.
Our client provides a range of office, administration, bookkeeping and payroll services. Specialising in small to medium businesses, our client's focus is on providing a detailed and compliant service for businesses ensuring they provide relevant and personalised solutions.
About the role
As a bookkeeper you will provide a high level of accurate data entry and administration including payroll and liaising with clients.
In this role you must be service focused, delivering a high-quality service to clients and their businesses, by ensuring all work prepared by you is accurate and delivered in a timely manner.
- Data entry and processing of accounts for bookkeeping clients into MYOB / Xero / Excel
- Client creditor invoices & payments entered into client Accounting data file
- Payment of all creditor and debtor invoices
- Administering all Debtor and Creditor Ledgers within stated ageing terms
- Processing of petty cash receipts and balance imprest account
- Bank Reconciliations, report printing on all accounts accessed in Clients accounting data file
- All processing up to and including Trial Balance
- Processing of Journal Entries as required within function as bookkeeper
- Reconciling of clearing accounts including suspense
- Accounting trial balance transactional reporting
- Payroll processing & payments
- Staff superannuation collation, reporting & payments
- Preparation & correlation of information for BAS (Business Activity Statement) to the ATO (Australian Tax Office)
- Preparation of financial folders as required for clients
- Competency with use of; MYOB, Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
- Demonstrated customer service experience
- Proficient in all aspects of Electronic Transfers using ABA files to bank
- Bookkeeping experience, including Balance Sheet operations
- Ability to instruct others with transparency and friendliness
- Provide personable and quality service
- Ability to build positive relationships with clients and colleagues
- Display a high level of self-motivation and energy
- An awareness of the need for time management and organisational skills
- Ability to delegate tasks with clear instruction and follow up
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Sense of ownership for task completion and a high degree of personal responsibility
- The ability to work independently within a team environment
- A 'positive' and 'can do' attitude
If this sounds like and you would like to hear more you please call Kate Watson on 02 6691 9104 for further information and a copy of the position description.
Alternatively Apply Now and upload your resume.
Accounting & Finance
- Up to AU$35 per hour
Accounting & Finance
- Coffs Harbour
- Full Time