Position Title: BI Developer
Primary purpose of the role:
The primary purpose of the role will be to develop and support SQL databases, data models and QlikView dashboards to support eHealth NSW needs. The role requires complete comprehension of enterprise data models and utilization of both relational and dimensional data sources.
- Primary experience with SQL queries, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- In-depth understanding of database management systems, online analytical processing (OLAP) and ETL (Extract, transform, load) framework
- Developing combinations of scripts, databases, dashboards to deliver analytics solution to solve specific client problems
- Background in data warehouse design (e.g. dimensional modelling) and data mining
- Design, develop, test, support and enhancement of QlikView / QlikSense dashboards related to eHealth and other stakeholders for clinical solutions.
- Analytical mind with a problem-solving aptitude with out of the box thinking to resolve complex data related issues and strong data analysis skills.
- Participate in user requirements analysis, translate business requirements into design and configuration recommendations, engage and negotiate with stakeholders and provide high quality BI solutions by utilising technical expertise.
- Perform detailed analysis of source systems, source system data and model that into data warehousing by designing, developing, and testing scripts to import data from source systems and test QlikView dashboards to meet customer requirements.
- Modelling, promoting and encouraging a culture that embraces the values of the organisation, a positive 'can do' attitude and approach in interactions with internal managers and staff, customers and other stakeholders.
- Work in a fast-paced team using agile project management methodologies.
- Developing & supporting SQL scripts used by Qlik solutions with a complex database landscape
- Liaising with external and internal stakeholders to reconcile competing data related requirements with consideration for stringent data governance requirements
- Delivery and support of business analytics related to multiple clinical applications in line with agreed standards and objectives, given tight deadlines and competing demands and priorities.
- Establish collaborative relationships with stakeholders, customers and colleagues to ensure easy and effective achievement of team / project / business goals.
- Communicating openly and clearly on issues as they are identified and suggest solutions to business for acceptance, and create and maintain technical documentation both for projects and business as usual.
- 5 plus years' experience as a MS SQL Developer spanning across scripts, programmes, databases, and dashboards etc.
- Extensive experience in full life cycle Qlikview / QlikSense development and experience in optimising existing Qlikview solutions to improve efficiency.
- Advanced knowledge of data warehousing principles and methodologies and possesses data modelling and data analytics skills.
- Well-developed skills and traced record/experience in development and deployment of MS SQL database based solutions
- Sound experience in data warehouse design, modelling and data mining, In-depth understanding of DBMS, OLAP, ETL and BI technologies. Experience of T-SQL, SSRS and SSIS.
- Proven experience in building high-quality scalable and predictable BI solutions using QlikView.
- Excellent conceptual and analytical skills with a proven ability to solve problems including the ability to analyse and interpret complex information from numerous sources and deal with challenges creatively and achieve business focused solutions.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to create technical and functional specifications.
- Excellent organisational skills and experience working in a high volume and demanding professional environment with a capacity to prioritise, multi-task, achieve business goals, perform and always work with a customer focused approach.
IT & Digital
- Full Time
IT & Digital