As one of Australia's largest providers of human resources solutions, Chandler Macleod has a proven track record of unleashing potential in people and companies. For over 40 years Chandler Macleod's recruitment business has connected leading- edge projects and employers with outstanding business professionals.
Is a global organsiation with a commitment to developing new technologies within the engineering space. Quality is at the forefront of everything they do and the role of Automation Technician (Robotics) is an exciting step into being a part of something truly dynamic.
- Be responsible for the commission and project phases onsite.
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical control systems.
- Carry out PLC & other automation device programming.
- General electronics experience.
- Respond to all customer enquiries in a timely & professional manner.
- Complete preventative maintenance and breakdown work.
- Provide technical assistance to project and other service engineers.
- Whilst providing the required technical support, proactively source other opportunities available to provide further services.
Skills & Qualifications
- A Minimum of 3 years' experience in maintenance of automated equipment including fault finding, mechanical and electrical repair/installation.
- A Qualified Electrical License (preferable).
- Prior experience working independently at customer sites- remote mining (Highly desirable).
- Strong electrical and mechanical aptitude.
- An understanding of laboratory sample preparation equipment and robotics.
- Proficiency in reading, interpreting and editing electrical/pneumatic schematics and diagrams.
- The ability to learn new computer, robot or PLC software skills.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills, plus a desire to see projects through, from design to completion.
- The ability to travel both regionally and interstate as needed will be required.
- A current driver's license and the right to live and work permanently in Australia.
What's on offer
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a successful organisation in WA and be instrumental shaping it's future. Please not this role is offered initially on a 3:1 roster with a view to moving to 8:6 after 6 months. There will be extensive travel to multiple sites required and depending on client demands.
A competitive basic salary is on offer.