About the company:
As one of Australia's largest providers of human resources solutions, Chandler Macleod has a proven track record of unleashing potential in people and companies. For over 40 years Chandler Macleod's recruitment business has connected leading-edge projects and employers with outstanding business professionals. A great opportunity for a Liaison Officer in Health and Justice to join a large and expanding federal government agency.
About the role:
- You will have considerable level of public contact in relation to complex, difficult or sensitive issues.
- You will be liaising and communicating with internal and external stakeholders.
- You will be supporting vulnerable people in hospital or justice settings to access support
- You will be developing initiatives to build networks across the health or justice sector
- You will be ensuring regular communications are occurring in order to promote understanding of the support.
- You will be assisting staff within the team to support participants in the community
- You will have previous experience in a similar capacity
- You will have empathy as well as the ability to cope with confronting or complex situations and information
- You will have a working with children check or willing to obtain one
- You will be comfortable working in a team environment in an open office environment with frequent visits in the community
- You will be comfortable dealing with conflict
- You will have intermediate to advanced PC skills (including Word, Excel and Outlook)
- You will have high attention to detail
- You will have strong decision making skills and be comfortable with being guided by policies and procedures
- January 2021 start
- Long term temporary until January 2022!!!
- Full time hours Monday to Friday 8.30am - 5.00pm
- Brisbane Southside location
- Federal government