As one of Australia's largest providers of human resources solutions, Chandler Macleod has a proven track record of unleashing potential in people and companies. For over 40 years Chandler Macleod's recruitment business has connected leading-edge projects and employers with outstanding business professionals.
Chandler Macleod has partnered with a Federal Government Agency to engage an APS5 Analyst (Network Regulation). This position is in the Brisbane office for an initial contract until 31 Dec 2021 - view to extend.
What is the role?
Working under broad supervision, Analysts contribute to each team's work deliverables across a range of functions by:
- Undertaking the critical analysis of material and data available to the AER, and presenting information and recommendations for consideration by the AER Board and senior managers based on:
- Information and evidence submitted in regulatory proposals
- Data obtained through the use of regulatory information instruments
- Submissions from stakeholders including market participants, governments and consumer groups as well as other publicly available information.
- Drafting decision documents for AER network regulatory determinations, other reviews of AER models, guidelines and instruments and annual performance reporting.
- Maintaining extensive interactions with team members and working collaboratively with other AER and ACCC teams in relation to the delivery of network regulatory determinations and other reviews and reports.
- Assisting with representing the interests of the AER and ACCC internally and externally, cultivating and maintaining relationships with industry, governments (Commonwealth and State), consumer groups and other related agencies.
- Assisting with maintaining the AER's interaction with regulated firms (including preparing information requests and interpreting the responses).
- Undertaking amendments that may be required to the AER regulatory models, by way of restructuring and making changes to MS Excel worksheets or Networks databases.
- Assisting with managing AER data resources, including confidential data, in accordance with Australian laws, ACCC/AER policies and team processing requirements.
- Identifying and contributing to initiatives to improve the way the teams manage workflows and processes.
What will you provide?
- Research, investigate and analyse complex issues and at the APS 5 level to assist in developing well-reasoned solutions.
- Plan, organise and prioritise a demanding workload and deliver high quality results.
- Communicate with clarity through written and oral communication, with an understanding of the audience and tailoring communication styles accordingly to report your findings.
- Work collaboratively with other people as an effective team member, help build and sustain positive relationships with colleagues and external stakeholders.
- Take initiative to progress work, exercise good judgement and make informed decisions on complex issues.
- Be accountable for accurate, timely, quality outcomes.
- An understanding, or ability to quickly acquire this understanding, of Australian electricity and gas markets and the role, purpose and objectives of the AER.
- Tertiary qualifications in corporate finance, economics, law, public policy, commerce, mathematics or related fields are highly desirable
All applicants are to hold Australian Citizenship to be considered - Federal Government requirements.
Chandler Macleod will always have similar opportunities that we may not be able to advertise. If you are looking to make a change or seeking a similar role - please apply or reach out to us directly and see how we can assist you!
Accounting & Finance
- Brisbane CBD
Accounting & Finance
- AU$130000 - AU$140000 per annum + Annual Incentives + Bonus
- Full Time