As one of the Australia's largest providers of human resources solutions, Chandler Macleod has a proven track record of unleashing potential in people and companies. For over 40 years Chandler Macleod's recruitment business has connected leading-edge projects and employers with outstanding business professionals.
Chandler Macleod are seeking an APS6 Counsellor for a temporary 12 month assignment. This position is conveniently located in ELIZABETH and on a Monday to Friday roster.
In accordance with the principles of workplace diversity, Work Health and Safety, participative work practices, APS values and APS Employment Principles the Counsellor will:
- Provision of high quality clinical services including assessment and referral, evidence based individual, couple and family counselling, and case management to eligible Open Arms clients in order to achieve outcomes identified in care planning processes.
- Contribution to the development and delivery of Open Arms group programs as required.
- Maintaining clinical records according to Open Arms standards, collating and analysing data from client records, and preparing reports as required to assist in evaluating and improving service delivery.
- Facilitating the delivery of Open Arms counselling and other programs to veterans, ADF personnel and their families in rural and outer metropolitan areas by;
- applying quality assurance principles and procedures to ensure the clinical practice, reporting and invoicing activities of outreach counsellors meet contractual requirements
- ensuring Open Arms contracted counsellors and other providers are accessing relevant services, resources and supports for Open Arms clients.
- Liaising and forming partnerships with DVA, the ADF, other government departments, ex-service organisations, community health and welfare agencies, and all other organisations involved in meeting the identified needs of veteran and defence force communities and families.
- Participation in and contribution to ongoing learning and development activities and maintenance of professional status.
- Participation in community development and service promotion activities as required.
- Participation in Open Arms program evaluation and research activities, contributing to project management activities that implement strategic directions and quality improvement recommendations, and provide feedback for ongoing development of clinical policies and procedures.
- Applying the principles of cooperative and safe working practices consistent with APS Values and the Department's mission, vision, approach and values.
- Qualifications as a registered Psychologist / Mental Health Occupational Therapist / Mental Health Registered Nurse with full AHPRA registration, OR
- Qualification as a Social Worker eligible for membership of the Australian Association Social Workers (AASW) and be eligible to apply for Mental Health accreditation.
MUST HAVE A Working with Children (WWC) and/or Vulnerable People Checks/Clearance
What's on offer:
- 12 month casual contract, with possibility to extend
- ELIZABETH location
- APS6 pay rate between $55.00 and $65.00/hr + super
- All positions are required full-time (37.5 hours);
- Various 7.5 hour work day rosters are available that include later start (1045 - 1845) for up to two days per week; other combinations of 0815-1615 and 0900 - 1700 also offered.
*****Applications close by 12pm Thursday 29th of July 2022*****
Please note: Successful applicants will be contacted only
If you have the skills required and you are available for an immediate start, please follow the "apply now" link below.
- Full Time
- Coffs Harbour
- Full Time