Available in QLD (Available on demand in NSW, VIC, WA)
“Change is any planned or unplanned alteration of the status quo in an organism, situation or process. Planned change is an intended, designed or purposive attempt by an individual, group, organisation or large social system to influence directly the status quo of itself, another organism, or a situation.”
Lippit, G. (Visualising Change)
When faced with periods of change most people experience anxiety to a greater or lesser extent. When standing in the present, a simple hop-across to the future may seem possible, yet this hardly ever happens. To make the journey to the future we must endure the longer path, and experience the necessary changes to achieve successful transition.
Though we all react uniquely to a change, there is considerable similarity among people – typical patterns of behaviour and response. Understanding these common patterns helps us predict – and manage – change in ourselves and others.
- Change triggers
- Three states of change
- Principles of change
- Emotional reactions to change
- Gain a thorough understanding of the change process
- Be able to identify the effects of change on organizations and individuals
- Develop strategies to anticipate, initiate and effectively work with change through leadership principles
- Develop specific individual and work team strategies for dealing with change
- Understand the factors which shape your response to change
- Manage losses from change
- Best practice change models are a fundamental starting point for understanding, planning and managing a change process. Various leading change management models will be discussed.
- Understanding priorities and the critical importance of early wins. Many change processes do not get off the ground through a lack of early wins and the critical omission of establishing the fundamental reason for change and communicating it.
- Passion and commitment are critical to initiate, support and sustain the change process. Understand how to both affect the change and sustain it in the longer term.
- Courses can be tailored to suit organisational Change processes by including the use of any relevant paperwork or systems that apply to current practice as part of the practical exercises.
The fee for this one day program including all materials, lunch, morning and afternoon tea is:
$495 + GST per person. Group discounts are available upon request.