We know that finding the ideal employment opportunity can be time consuming. What’s more, changing jobs is rated as the one of the most stressful life experiences and can have massive implications for your future.
Here are some of the ways your Chandler Macleod consultant can add value to your job search and keep you one step ahead of other job seekers.
- Saves you time as we’ll contact you with suitable positions.
- We’re experts in our field which gives you access to market insights and industry leading research.
- Access to a wider range of job opportunities – did you know that half a million jobs are filled each year in Australia without being formally advertised? Through our client relationships, you’ll have access to new jobs which may not have been released to the general market.
- Your consultant will personally represent you to our client. We sell your skills and experience, and with that carries the weight of our recommendation. You won’t just be another one of many resumes the hiring manager may receive directly.
- We can help you prepare for the interview, as we know the hiring manager who will be interviewing you, their company and what they are looking for.
- We can assist you negotiate your salary and employment contract. Most people don’t change jobs often enough to be confident in how to do this.
- No fee is charged to any candidates we place in a position. We earn our revenue from the employer you are placed with, so you don’t have to worry about a hefty fee for any of these services.
Once you’ve been in touch with one of our consultants, here are some tips for making the most of this relationship.
Be selective with the agencies you register with
Don’t send your resume out indiscriminately, as you won’t have the chance to build a relationship with a consultant you know and trust. Working closely with your consultant with ensure a more ‘personal touch’, so you receive the best advice and make sure you are considered for the most interesting and relevant opportunities.
Be honest with your consultant
Keep them informed of other agencies you are registered with and other companies you are interviewing with. If your consultant is aware of other opportunities you are considering, they can negotiate your best interests when dealing with clients.
Once you have been represented for an opportunity, please let any other agencies know as they cannot represent you for the same position.
Keep in touch with your consultant
Your consultant will let you know the progress of any opportunity you are being considered for. Please try to remain as contactable as possible over this time and reply to messages promptly. This allows us to respond to our clients and keeps the process moving efficiently.
Consider your consultants advice
Your consultant will advise you if your salary expectations are too high, or your areas of interest are outside your current expertise based on current market conditions. You do not want to overprice yourself or chase positions that you are not qualified for. If you have an open mind, your consultant will be able assist you find positions that may be a stepping stone to further opportunities. Remember, your consultant will have your best interest at heart.
Get interview advice and feedback
After any interview, your consultant will provide feedback on your interview technique, strengths and possible weaknesses, as well as any feedback from the client. Any tips you gain along the way will assist you at all levels of your job search. Do not be afraid to ask for feedback – your consultant will be more than happy to offer you advice throughout the recruitment process.
Build a long term relationship with your consultant
After you have found a new position, keep in touch with your consultant. Investing in this relationship over time, will ensure you are working with someone who is genuinely interested in your career path and professional growth. A consultant who knows your career path and professional aspirations will be better placed to represent you over the life of your career.
Update your resume and your contact details with your consultant
Even if you are not actively job seeking, we recommend you update these once a year. This will ensure you will still hear of any opportunities in the market that may be of interest.